I remember when we first tried this pie, my Mom and I needed something quick for a family BBQ we were having because it had been a really busy day (you can have this pie done start to finish in 15 minutes!). We didn’t have high expectations for it because it was so simple and fast that we thought it probably would be a little boring but it would fill the dessert slot for the meal. I was so glad to be wrong. That night we polished every piece of pie and we were asked for the recipe at least 4 times.
Since then it is one of the first summer dishes we make, as soon as summer berries hit we are serving it at family game nights, BBQs and week nights we want to spice up with a sweet cool treat. My absolute favorite part is how quickly the pie goes together, it is literally done in less then 15 minutes. So you don’t have to plan hours and hours ahead, you could throw it together the morning of the party or right after dinner and have it ready to serve.
The big secret that sets this pie apart from just a pudding pie is the white chocolate pudding mix. I didn’t even know they made that until I saw it in the aisle one while I was looking for Vanilla, boy was I missing out. The process is simple, take a pre-made graham cracker crust, spread 1/3 of the cool whip container on the bottom of the pie, sprinkle in some sliced fruit, mix up the white chocolate pudding mix and pour over the fruit, then finish by spreading the remaining cool whip on top. Pop it in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes and you are ready to serve.
You can use all kinds of fruits but here are some of our favorite combos
- Strawberries and Bananas
- Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries
- Strawberries and Kiwis
- Blueberries and Bananas
Go ahead and experiment with your combinations just make sure to make extras because you will want a second piece
- Pre-Made Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 sm package White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Cold Milk
- 2 Cups Sliced Fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas)
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Slice Fruit into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In the the Graham Cracker crust spread ⅓ of the Cool Whip container evenly covering the bottom. Sprinkle sliced fruit on top of the Cool Whip.
- Mix the White Chocolate Pudding mix according the package directions, following the directions for pie (which reduces the milk from the regular recipe). Pour pudding over the sliced fruit
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve cold